Monday, June 7, 2010

Kahne and Biffle Both Upset With Allmendinger's Blocking Tactics at Pocono

by Jeff Gluck
sbnation.com

Richard Petty Motorsports' Kasey Kahne and AJ Allmendinger became the latest teammates to clash in NASCAR this season when Allmendinger ran Kahne down into the grass on the final lap of Sunday's Pocono race, causing a violent wreck.

Kahne's car went through the grass but then came back up the track, and nearly got airborne before it was clobbered by other cars.

"I don't know what AJ was doing there," Kahne said. "I don't really talk to AJ ever and I doubt I'll talk to him about this."

Greg Biffle, who was caught up in the wreck, said Allmendinger "totally caused that whole thing."
"He ran him down on the grass," Biffle said. "You can't run a guy down on the grass. You can't run your teammate down onto the grass. That is horrible. He could have backed out of that before he put him down like that."

Allmendinger said he felt bad, but wasn't sure what happened.

"Kasey had such a run on me and I went to defend," Allmendinger said. "By the time I defended, he was in the grass. That is my bad. I feel bad about that, I really do. It is what it is though."

No comments: