Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Martin Truex Jr. going for second win on home track at Dover

Martin Truex Jr is 18/1 to win at Dover Sunday
CORNELIUS, N.C. — The No. 56 NAPA SHOCKS Toyota driver Martin Truex Jr. is heading home before this weekend’s AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway.

As he’s done for the past six seasons, Truex travels to Mayetta, N.J., just 131 miles away from Dover, to host two days of fundraising initiatives organized by his Martin Truex Jr. Foundation. On Wednesday, he’ll celebrate the dedication of the Martin Truex Jr. Pediatric Care Center at Southern Ocean Medical Center. After touring the facility, he’ll greet fans and sign autographs at the MTJF Fan Event and Benefit at Manahawkin Lake Park at 4 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.martintruexjrfoundation.org.

“It’s one of my favorite weeks of the year. I can’t wait to see the Pediatric Care Center. It’s been four years in the making and it’s open. My hometown now has a section in the medical center dedicated to children. I can attest to the need. I had to go there as a kid when I broke my leg and my foot. An emergency room is scary. Now kids can go to a friendly place during a not so fun time. I am so proud of it.”

He’ll tee off Thursday in his annual Golf Tournament Presented by NAPA at Sea Oaks Country Club. The 19th Hole Celebration Dinner that evening culminates with the presentation of the MTJ Humanitarian of the Year Award. A large portion of the proceeds from the week’s activities will go towards the Martin Truex Jr. Pediatric Care Center at Southern Ocean Medical Center. Since 2007, the foundation has raised nearly $1.5 million for community programs in N.J. and N.C.

“I want to thank everyone for their support as my golf tournament and dinner are sold out. The Fan Event in Manahawkin is a lot different this year and extremely family friendly. With Hurricane Sandy devastating our area, we wanted to do something where families could get together and help raise a little money to benefit the community.”

Martin Truex Jr. Thoughts Heading Into Dover: “I like my chances. Last week we persevered through a challenging time as a team to bring the best NAPA Toyota I have ever had to New Hampshire. We led a third of the race. If we can do that, I really like my chances at Dover where we have always run well. We were in the running in the spring before I experienced an engine issue. A tremendous potential is there to get us a second win this year. I am just so proud of what Chad, the NAPA team and the 300 employees at MWR have accomplished together. Nothing would help us more than a win at this point and time. It’s nice to see our hard work paying off. It goes a long way.”

NOTES:
NAPA Shocks: Truex will be driving the No. 56 NAPA Shocks Toyota at Dover to promote NAPA’s latest promotion. Now throughOctober 31 at participating NAPA AUTO PARTS stores, NAPA AutoCare Centers or participating repair shops, fans can get 4 NAPA Shocks and Struts for the price of 3 after a mail-in offer. Plus, they can also get back a $25 Car Care Cash Service Card via mail in offer good for repairs at a NAPA AutoCare Center or participating repair shop.
 
Truex at Dover: He has won three times — once in Cup (2007) and twice in the Nationwide Series(2004, 2005).

- Michael Waltrip Racing

No comments: